Total Pageviews

Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Anathema: A multi-media novella Part II

Hands open-Snow Patrol



The afterglow of being together started to fade quickly when the reality of our actions set in. Financial woes, my vices and you not being completely ready for a full time commitment lead to an argument which never actually ended.

Over the next six months our bond degenerated rapidly. I know you’d tell people I broke your trust and I can’t deny this. However, I endured more callous actions from you on a daily basis than you did during our entire relationship, but I shouldered the infractions because I felt what we had was worthwhile. The truth is you pushed me away from the instant I moved there and didn’t have the guts to be honest with me about your feelings in anything other than shouting or passive aggressive comments. So, I allowed you to play the victim.



You ended it on an anniversary which said more than you ever could with those insults and accusations. After I’d already quit my job and prepared for the trek back to Texas, you convinced me to go with you to South Carolina for the worst trip of my life. Three days after we got back communication broke down even further and we eventually said our goodbyes, after which I climbed into my car and retreated to my mother’s house.



Rusted from the rain-Billy Talent

For the next several weeks I languished in that upstairs bedroom. Finally, it became too much to bear and I wanted to die almost as much as I still longed to be with you. Around this time mom’s house was broken into and I lost almost every material possession I held dear.


As I sifted through the remnants of my life I came across the writing supplies I had bought on a trip with you to Wal-Mart. Desperate for solace; I picked up a pen, put it to paper and began the healing process.

Garden Statement-Hidden in Plain View

No comments:

Post a Comment