Total Pageviews

Saturday, April 14, 2012

An unfinished post from Scattered Thoughts # 1

Most reoccuring dream # 1


(written about Ana)


We're sitting in the 101 Coffee Shop, the girl from my dreams whom I've never met. I know everything about her, though I've never touched her in the waking world. She's wearing her favorite jeans. The hood of her sweatsheart is pulled down, shrouding her face in darkness. One hand supporting her forehead, the other absentmindedly stirring the eggs that make her sick, but eats anyway. She lets out a heavy sigh which shakes the table when it lands.

"You're just so intense sometimes." She tells me in a cracked whisper. "You're so bright you burn."

"I don't understand."

She winces involuntarily, because she knows the truth is going to hurt. "Don't you think this is all moving a little too fast?"

"This is what you told me you wanted."

"Maybe I don't know what I want. Maybe you were right."

"Look. Don't do this. Please."

"Don't beg, ok? We're in public." She chides me like an unruly child. Then her voice becomes quiet and her words laced with venom. "You come off way too strong, ok? You moved way to fast. You're so sweet it makes me want to vomit. Okay? Are you happy?"

The alarm clock never seems able to penetrate the walls of this dream until long after its completion.

No comments:

Post a Comment