Total Pageviews

Saturday, April 14, 2012

An unfinished post from Scattered Thoughts # 17

Twilight is bullshit and so are you.

I swear to God, I never wanted it to come to this. Of all the strange, stupendous, staggering things taking place in my life right now, I can't fathom why this is the topic I'm choosing to write about. But, it must be said. Twilight is bullshit and so are you.

I had always thought about Twilight the same way I always do when I see the next lame, yet fleeting, female fad. It's harmless and it will pass. But I was wrong.

The first time I gave the series more than a passing glance was at last years comic con. Look it up. I'd give you the link but, fuck it, I don't want to. There were almost riots because droves of Twilight fans flooded the convention and camped out during the panels so they wouldn't miss the Twilight one. Here's something those of you who are not social outcasts need to understand. It's during these panels that all of the big, nerd world shattering news is broken. People come from all over the world to see these, because they are sacred. Now, imagine an undead army of preteen girls hunkered down and filling up all the spaces so they could see something no one else at the convention could even give two shits about. They would have had no trouble getting a seat. Twilight is bullshit and so are you.

I've since watched the first film. I did it for the same reason any straight male has seen it, I've got a girlfriend who deep down inside, hates me. I can honestly say it is one of the top ten worst films I have ever seen.

No comments:

Post a Comment